Welcome to My Pop "Virtual" Choir!!
We have an amazing term ahead of us and I hope you'll join us!
My Pop Choir's Virtual Fall Term is 10 weeks total, and begins the week of October 5th, 2020, and finishes the week of December 7th, 2020.
This program is a completely unique take on virtual choir programming. The vast majority of virtual choirs are done exclusively through video conferencing software, most commonly Zoom, where members are muted and therefore never get to hear what the choral compositions sound like with all harmony parts put together. By utilizing post recording audio software, My Pop Choir's virtual choir includes built in harmonies, so when you sing along to the music, it feels like you are actually singing in a real choir! You don't need any technology besides a computer or other device that connects to the internet.
In addition, there is a large variety of optional community related events, activities, and workshops designed to build up your singing skills and entertain you! And to top it all off, every term we put together a full scale music video choir performance of one of our songs (participation is also optional). Click here to see our Spring Term performance.
If you think you might be overwhelmed by so much content, rest assured it is perfectly okay to attend only the featured choir sessions!
Below is a detailed breakdown of the term or if you've heard enough already, you can register for the term HERE.
Mondays - Workshops, Concerts, and an Open Mic
The Monday events consist of 3 different elements: Workshops, Concerts, and Open Mics, each happening on a different Monday.
Our 15 minute taped workshops discuss interesting and informative aspects of singing and music in general. These workshops will be released on various Mondays privately on YouTube and once released will be available to watch anytime, including after the term finishes. Workshop subjects will include but are not limited to:
- various topics on music theory to improve your knowledge on singing from a chart
- a variety of practical approaches on improving the health and quality of your singing voice
We have at least two concerts lined up for this season, which are an hour long and performed live through YouTube. The performers are:
- Lunar Bloom (Website) is a musical group made up of three very talented women and their voices are sure to blow us away!
- Alex Fiddes, Owner and Artistic Director of My Pop Choir, will be performing a solo concert. It is not yet determined if this will be a piano instrumental concert or will include vocals and other instruments.
We want to see you perform! Members of the fall term will have the opportunity to showcase their talents to the rest of the group. This will be a live performance, and is completely optional without any peer pressure to perform.
Wednesdays - Choir Session
The primary feature of our virtual choir is our Wednesday evening choir sessions. They begin with an interactive component on Zoom and then finish off as a YouTube Premiere Video. Here is the breakdown of a typical choir session:
- At 6:30PM, a Zoom meeting opens up for casual socializing. It is your choice to either attend and chat with your fellow members, simply observe in the background, or disregard this part of the session and only show up once the choir session officially begins.
- At 7:00PM, the choir session officially begins with an introduction and discussion of the term's upcoming projects and events, a vocal warmup, and an opportunity for any questions to be asked regarding the music or otherwise.
- At 7:30PM, we proceed to YouTube to participate in an hour long choir session showcased as a YouTube Premiere Video. These videos feel just like a real choir session, with built in harmonies so you can hear how your voice fits within the choir as a whole.
Show Choir Music Video Performance
For one of the songs in the term, we will be putting together a Music Video Choir Performance that will surely dazzle your friends and family! You can watch our music video performance from the Spring Term HERE. The Summer Term Music Video Choir Performance will be released in mid/late September.
December Music Events (replacing Sing-Alongs)
With our society beginning to open up, we anticipate less need for our weekly sing-along events. Instead, come December we are going to unleash 4 amazing events, each happening once a week throughout the month. The first three will be in our usual sing-along fashion, and the 4th will be a Virtual Christmas Sing! The Christmas Sing will be a fun filled evening where we learn some choral music together, enjoy some performances, and of course even more sing-along style singing, all done virtually!
Since this is happening in December, the music theme for all these events will be "everything December". That means: Christmas, Hanukkah, wintery, and any other music that fits that description! In addition, these December events will be available to the public at large at no cost, so you are free to invite as many friends and family as you wish!
Cost and Registration
The cost of this 10 week program is $195 plus HST ($220.35). Bring-a-Friend discount is $175 plus HST ($197.75). Details on this discount can be found using the registration link below.